Wednesday 1 February 2012

SAG Awards 2012

Over the weekend the Screen Actors Guild Awards were held in LA. This award show is often thought of as the most fun and exciting, and actors often consider it the greatest honour as their fellow peers nominate and vote for the eventual winner.

At the Globes the obvious colour of the evening was blush... But at the SAGs it was all about the grey tones.

I was so excited to see that not one, but TWO ladies sashayed down the red carpet in Collette Dinnigan, one of which a nominee!

Ariel Winter, from Modern Family, was nominated for and WON Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series. She absolutely slayed it! This dress was a flawless choice... 100% age-appropriate and event-appropriate. The tea length, the combo of the lace and the beading, the hair, the make-up and the shoes... She (or her stylist) really hit the nail on the head. It's just a really beautifully playful outfit and I love that grey!



Then there was Judy Greer, who featured in the nominated film, The Descendants. I really don't know how I feel about this dress. I think I love it, but just not on her, I think it'd suit someone with a tan.... I also feel like it would be an amazing dress on someone young if it were made shorter. I just think it looks a little matronly, and the hair and make up isn't really helping. Mind you A+ for the pop of colour with the hot pink clutch... I am a huge fan of the pop of colour trend that's emerging, it adds another dimension to an outfit and generally makes them more fun. I really wish I loved this, because I am obsessed with white dresses and I love a pop of colour, but at the end of the day this just falls a little flat for me and just doesn't work :(


No comments:

Post a Comment