Friday 3 February 2012

AW'12 Review

I can't believe I am saying this, but I am SO excited for winter... namely because the AW'12 collections are so major!

I am so in love with the fact that this year's collections are such a departure from the usual AW collections... this year wearing colours and florals are embraced and even encouraged for the chillier seasons. Obviously black, charcoal and navy are still staples in one's winter wardrobe, however they no longer seem to be necessities with mustard, pink, bold floral prints, red and even white being prominently featured in most collections.

One element I noticed that was missing was fur. Fur is literally no where to be seen. Mind you I find fur totally timeless, so the fact that it doesn't really appear in any collections definitely won't deter me from wearing my faux-fur vest. My instincts lead me to believe that fur and boho pieces have been exchanged for structured and tailored cuts this year... Which I am inspired by because the tailored cuts are generally juxtaposed with fun prints, florals, soft pastels or a bright colour that ultimately create really beautiful pieces that are super feminine, chic and simple yet hugely effective.

So because I am so excited I am going to show you my fave picks from some of my favourite designers.

:) Enjoy! x

P.S. to check out entire collections follow the links provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment