Wednesday 11 April 2012

Ice, Ice Baby!

I was recently browsing my award season archives, and felt like I had ignored all the amazing jewellery that adorned the necks, ears and wrists of the A-List celebrities sashaying down the red carpet. A name that is synonymous to award season is Chopard, their designs are truly luxurious and decadent!

Who can forget Penelope Cruz's first Oscars, post-baby in that stunning Armani Prive gown, dripping in Chopard jewels? Her look was so romantic, topped off with 1950s-inspired curls... She definitely did not disappoint.


I didn't think I'd ever see the day where Penelope Cruz was upstaged by a dog... Uggie, who featured in the film, The Artist (which won Best Picture). The Jack Russell was lucky enough to wear, not one, but two custom made Chopard collars! (I also didn't think I'd see the day where I was jealous of a dog!!) 


Anyway, these glam pieces got me thinking about the total over-the-top and indulgent nature of Chopard's creations and I could not stop drooling over their collection. I am a huge fan of statement jewellery pieces, they can totally transform a basic outfit into something spectacular. I came across these sublime pieces, (that I could only dream of owning one day) the warm colour of the gems are perfection for the cooler weather we're witnessing in Sydney... What can I say, they just radiate beauty and glamour... and those rubies are seriously mouth-watering!


No comments:

Post a Comment