Tuesday 31 May 2011

My 5 AW Must-Haves!

considering how horrendous the weather is in Sydney at the moment, I have decided to share my top 5 AW must-haves :)

1. Capes - definitely an AW11 staple for me. A cute alternative to a coat. You can just throw it on and instantly feel warm and look chic. They're super feminine and flirty and have a very European aesthetic about them. Here's one of my faves from Lover, called the Altamont Cape. It's cream, has a hood and gorgeous big buttons... what more could you ask for?


2. Lace Dress - lace is so incredibly fun and feminine... and surprisingly quite warm. Lace adds an extra dimension and texture to any outfit, and usually turns a dull winter look into something a little more interesting and glamorous. This Marnie Skillings dress is perfection... I have one similar, that I love to pair with opaque black stockings and a structured blazer, to juxtapose the white with the black and the feminine with the masculine. (note: if I had a top 6, wearing cream/white in winter would totally be included!)


3. Fur Vest - the WARMEST accessory you can have. You can throw it on with any outfit to create a real rock n roll look. Generally I match mine with a long-sleeved body con dress, because you don't want too much volume, otherwise you end up looking bigger than you actually are. So I definitely suggest wearing something sleek under your vest. Bec & Bridge has designed a faux rabbit fur vest called Camelot. It's cute, with a nice high neck to keep you extra warm and is available in grey and black


4. Leather - any form of leather is a must have this AW. I am seriously in love with leather pants... but they have to be skinny leg! Paired with a lace, velvet or silk shirt creates a really edgy yet glam look. I have a pair from Lucette's AW 10 collection, but they've come out with a new pair for AW 11, which I am just drooling over. The styling of this look from their lookbook is exactly how one should wear leather pants... However a cute suede pump would also work. 


5. Black Opaque Stockings - a definite MUST HAVE! They keep your legs warm, hides your white (and maybe hairy) winter legs and is possibly the cheapest way to create the ultimate AW look. You can buy these anywhere, from the supermarket, to k-mart, target and DJs. 






No comments:

Post a Comment