Monday 9 July 2012

Marnie Skillings Calls it Quits!



One of Sydney's top designers, Marnie Skillings is calling it quits after 12 years of designing, blaming the slow retail market as one of the main reasons she's decided to close up shop. The Bondi-based designer explains, "you have to be smart and realistic as a business owner and think which direction is going to be more feasible for me... It's one of the realities of the fashion industry at the moment and I'm evolving with those changes."

Marnie had her first child last year, Costa. She's looking forward to the time off to spend with her little one. She also told The Sunday Telegraph, "it was time to try something new and give myself more time to say 'yes' to some of the opportunities I've had to turn down in the past."


Marnie Skillings' stuff is truly delectable! Some of my favourite pieces from my wardrobe are designed by her... It's a sad day for Australian fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment